In this week edition of Saturday Night Fakeaway we’re going to talk you through an awesome way to cook chicken in a Thai red curry sauce. Pair it with some coconut rice and roast of some peppers and baby corn to finish. Don’t forget the lime wedge!
Each portion is packing in 619 Calories/Protein 49/Carbs 55/Fat 19. Recipe serves 2.
- 2 x 200g Chicken Breasts
- 2 tbsp Thai Red Paste (We use Mae Ploy Red Curry Paste)
- 2 Packets of Coconut Rice (We used Tilda Coconut Rice)
- 1 x 400ml Light Coconut Milk (We used Biona Organic Light Coconut Milk) *Beware the coconut milk, so many with nasty additives about!
- 1 Red Pepper, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 1 Pack of Babycorn
- 2 Tbsp of Desiccated Coconut (We use Wholefood Earth Organic Coconut. Lasts for ages and is great in a variety of things!
- 1 Lime, Zest
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees/Gas mark 6.
- In a sauce pan on a medium heat, add a splash of oil and the Thai paste and can of coconut milk. Whisk the mixture together until bubbling and the paste and milk have combined into a fairly thick sauce. Remove from the heat.
- Place the chicken breasts in a deep over proof dish. Pour over the sauce. Place parchment over the top and then tightly wrap with tin foil. Place on the top shelf of the oven and cook for 50 minutes.
- In the mean time, place the peppers and baby corn on a tray, toss in a little oil and roast under the grill turning occasionally. Do this for about 8 minutes until softened.
- Once the veg is done set aside. On a tray place 50g of the coconut and under the grill to toast. This happens very quickly so keep your eyes peeled. Once it has browned, stir the coconut and place back under the heat. Repeat until the coconut has lovely toasted bits throughout. Place in a bowl and zest a full lime into the mix.
- When the chicken is ready take out of the oven and take the breasts out of the oven proof dish and onto a chopping board. Grab two forks and pull the chicken apart. Place back in the sauce and stir to coat in the curry sauce, add in the vegetables to and give them a mix.
- Serve with the coconut rice and sprinkle the coconut and lime mix over the top, for extra zest squeeze over some lime juice as well..
Looking to smash your fitness and nutritional goals? Our meal prep service is guaranteed to push you to hit your goals, great tasting food just like this recipe, made by our expert team of chefs and delivered directly to your door, anywhere in the UK.
Grab 20% off your first order quoting FIRSTORDER20. Order ONLINE today