For the prawns
- 300g King Prawns (membrane removed)
- 125g plain flour
- 185g sparkling water (cold)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 egg white
- 2 tsp salt and pepper mix – I love this ONE
For the dipping sauce
- 2 tsp light soy
- 1 tsp dark soy
- 1/2 lime, zest and juice
- 3 tsp Thai sweet chilli
- Start with the prawns, check the spine and see if the membrane that runs down the middle has been removed
- Sift the flour and corn flour into a bowl, create a well in the centre and add the egg, water and other ingredients, whisk from the centre outwards until smooth, set aside for 5 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oil to 180 degrees, we use a little fryer with sunflower oil
- Combine the ingredients for the dipping sauce and set aside
- Dust the prawns flour and then drop in the batter, when removing allow the excess batter to drip off so the coating is light
- Drop in the fryer in batches and cook for 2-3 minutes until crisp.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a plate covered with kitchen paper to drain.
- Serve with the soy sauce on the side and devour!
For more recipes check out our BLOG
Looking for the fuel to fire your weight loss goals, Our meal prep service delivers, lean, tasty, protein packed meals directly to your door twice a week. Our sustainable plans give you everything you need to get your dream body….and most importantly, keep it! Check out the menu and place your order HERE.