- 1.5kg whole chicken
- 1 large sweet potato cut into wedges
For the peri peri marinade……
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 fresh chillies, chopped and de-seeded (if you don’t want it spicy)
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- salt and pepper
For the slaw……
- 2 tbsp yoghurt
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp mint
- 1 cup of red, 1 cup of white cabbage and 1 cup of carrot all grated.
- Grab the chicken, flip it over so the backbone is facing up. Using a pair of kitchen scissors cut down the backbone on either side all the way then remove. Flip it over and push down hard on the breast bone to flatten out the bird, score both legs.
- Mix together the ingredients for there peri peri marinade and baste over the chicken. Place in the fridge for an hour or over night if you have time!
- Pre heat the oven to 240’c/ Gas Mark 9.
- In a bowl, place the wedges with a tbsp of oil and lots of salt and pepper. Place on a parchment lined baking tray.
- Mix the ingredients for the slaw sauce in a bowl and place in the fridge.
- Turn the oven down to 200’c/Gas Mark 6.
- Place the chicken in the centre of the oven with the wedges on the shelf below.
- Cook the chicken for 55minutes, check its cooked by placing a skewer into the leg beast and see if the juices run clear.
- Remove from the oven and cover with foil, place the wedges on the top shelf for a few minutes to crisp if necessary.
- Serve half a chicken with 6 wedges and a portion of the slaw, dress with the slaw sauce at the last minute to keep your slaw crunchy and fresh!
For more recipes check out our BLOG
Looking for the fuel to fire your weight loss goals, Our meal prep service delivers, lean, tasty, protein packed meals directly to your door twice a week. Our sustainable plans give you everything you need to get your dream body….and most importantly, keep it! Check out the menu and place your order HERE.