I made this little treat for Mrs Wilkinson last week and it went down rather well. It’s inspired by one of my good friends and former colleagues who had a similar dish on a restaurant menu. Here’s my leaned out version. Packed full of flavour and ready in minutes (except the sweet potato mash – check out our new e-book for the recipe COMING SOON)
Each portion is packing in 559 Calories/Protein 37/Carbs 78/Fat 11. Recipe serves 2.
For the marinade
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp ginger finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
For the rest….
- 2x 125g rump steaks fat trimmed off
- 150g sweet potato mash (per person)
- 200g tenderstem broccoli
- Place the honey in a saucepan and bring up to a simmer. Take off the heat and stir through the rest of the marinade ingredients and then cool.
- Take the steaks and trim off any excess fat. Place into the marinade and leave for an hour (or more if you’ve got the time)
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat, cook the steaks for 2 minutes either side (for pink). Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Heat the sweet potato mash
- Steam your broccoli
- TIP-any extra marinade place in the steak pan after they’re done and reduce for a couple on minutes and pour over the top when you’re done.
- Serve as shown in the image.
Check out the ALL of our recipes by heading over to our BLOG
Looking to smash your fitness and nutritional goals? Our meal prep service is guaranteed to push you to hit your goals, great tasting food delivered directly to your door. Grab 20% off your first order quoting FIRSTORDER20. Order ONLINE today!