- 1 large white onion diced
- 2 large cloves of garlic crushed
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp mild chilli powder (or flakes)
- 1 tbsp ground cumin (I smashed up cumin seeds)
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp of HEINZZZZ tomato sauce
- 2 x 400ml can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 kg of lean beef mince (less than 5% fat
- 1 can mixed beans (optional!! – I didn’t use as the pregnant one is not a fan)
- zest of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large sweet potatoes (170g dish each)
- Splash of sunflower oil
- 200g grated cheddar
- Preheat oven to 220’c/Gas Mark 7
- Splash some oil on the sweet potatoes and bang in the microwave for 5 minutes on high to get things started. When done, place them on a baking tray at the top of the oven – They should take 30 minutes. After 15 turn them over.
- In the mean time, get a deep sided pan, heat the remaining oil and pop in the onion and crushed garlic, cook for 2-3 minutes until the onion begins to become transluscent
- Add the chilli powder, cumin and paprika and cook with the onion for 2 minutes
- Add the tomato puree and cook for another 2 minutes and then add the beef.
- Cook the mince until abut 70% brown
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato ketchup and bring to the boil, when there drop the heat to simmer and leave for 20-30 minutes (along as your potatoes have left)
- When the sauce has thickened add in salt and pepper to taste & 1 tbsp of caster sugar, you should have a nice mix of spicy, smokey and sweet, add more chilli, paprika or salt and pepper to adjust.
- When your potatoes are ready take out of the oven and cut down the middle and pop on plates.
- Grate over the lemon zest into the chilli and stir through
- Spoon 200g of the mix on your potato, sprinkle on cheddar and spinach on the side
- For extra fats try some smashed avocado/guac
For more recipes check out our BLOG
Looking for the fuel to fire your weight loss goals, Our meal prep service delivers, lean, tasty, protein packed meals directly to your door twice a week. Our sustainable plans give you everything you need to get your dream body….and most importantly, keep it! Check out the menu and place your order HERE.