The good old U.S of A has give us many great things, the aeroplane, the mobile phone and of course, The American Pancake!
Prep time – 20 minutes Cooking time – 10 minutes
140g plain flour
2 tbsp white caster sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp of salt
1 tsp cinnamon
130ml milk (whole)
1 large egg
2 tbsp of butter melted and cooled slightly
Toppings – banana, maple syrup in this instance but they’re great with bacon!
- Sieve into a bowl the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon
- In a separate bowl lightly whisk the egg and milk and then gently whisk in the melted butter
- Pour the milk into the flour and whisk until the mixture is smooth! We DON’T want any lumps!
- Heat a large frying pan and add a knob of butter, once its bubbling add a label of the batter. Once its risen and is bubbling flip it over and and cook until both sides are golden.
- Serve with the toppings of your choice. Bacon and Maple is my favourite but for clean purposes the bananas are great!!Like this recipe? Check out the ALL of our recipes totally free by checking out our BLOG pageLooking to smash your fitness and nutritional goals? Our meal prep service is guaranteed to push you to hit your goals, great tasting food delivered directly to your door. Grab 20% off your first order until 31st January 2019 quoting NEWORDER20. Order ONLINE today!**SPECIAL OFFER FOR EXISTING CLIENTS, BUY YOUR JANUARY PREPS IN DECEMBER AND GET 20% OF USING DISCOUNT CODE JAN20**