Need a dinner idea thats an absolute banger and ready in 30 minutes. Welcome to the Deep South. It’s Jambalaya time……….
Each portion is packing in 566 Calories/Protein 39/Carbs 62/Fat 18. Recipe serves 4.
- 400g chicken breast in 1cm slices
- 200g chorizo stick sliced into chunky half moons
- 250g pilau rice
- 1 medium onion, diced.
- 2 sliced red peppers
- 350ml of vegetable stock
- 1 x 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp peri peri
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- Heat a large pan on a medium heat on the hob and add a splash of sunflower oil. Add there chicken and brown off then set aside.
- In the same pan add the onion and sauté for 4 minutes until brown. Add in the chorizo, peppers and spices and cook for a further 3 minutes. Then add in the puree and cook for another minute.
- Add the rice, stock, tomatoes and chicken back to the pot and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Check and stir from time to time and add more water where necessary.
- When the rice is cooked through add the seasoning and lemon juice and stir through.
- Careful, it’s filling! It also re-heats in the microwave amazingly so take the rest to work with you tomorrow!
Check out the ALL of our recipes by heading over to our BLOG
Looking to smash your fitness and nutritional goals? Our meal prep service is guaranteed to push you to hit your goals, great tasting food delivered directly to your door. Grab 20% off your first order quoting FIRSTORDER20. Order ONLINE today!